Parkinson Society BC is running two PD Warrior instructor training courses for healthcare professionals on September 17 in Vancouver and September 18 in Kelowna.
PD Warrior is an evidence-based, neuro-active exercise approach designed to improve function, quality of life, and long-term exercise behaviour in people with Parkinson's disease (PD).
We are looking for 20 volunteers with Parkinson's disease (10 in Vancouver and 10 in Kelowna) to assist us with training our future PD Warrior instructors!
In exchange for your time, you will be offered:
- Free assessment and treatment with a PD Warrior instructor-in-training
- A copy of The New Parkinson's Treatment book
- Participation in a PD Warrior exercise class
- A taste of the PD Warrior program
- Tea/coffee and snacks
Time commitment (Saturday, September 17 for Vancouver and Sunday, September 18 for Kelowna):
- 1:30pm: Assessment and treatment with your instructor-in-training
- 2:30pm: PD Warrior exercise class
- 3:30pm: Afternoon tea and wrap up
- Vancouver (September 17): Creekside Recreation Centre, 1 Athletes Way, Vancouver BC, V5Y 0B1 [map]
- Kelowna (September 18): Parkinson Recreation Centre, 1800 Parkinson Way, Kelowna BC, V1Y 4P9 [map]
- Able to arrange own travel to either the Vancouver or Kelowna course location
- Able to stay for the entire duration of the afternoon sessions (1:30pm-3:30/4:00pm)
- Able to mobilize with supervision, with or without a walking aid
- Able to follow instructions and answer questions about own health
Volunteers are welcome to bring a carepartner or support person to the session as needed.
All volunteer positions are now filled.
For more information, contact Shelly Yu at:
604-662-3240 ext. 232 or 1-800-668-3330 ext. 232 | firstname.lastname@example.org