To maximize the benefit of the Provincial Conference Moving Forward, Together to British Columbia's Parkinson's community, Parkinson Society British Columbia (PSBC) is offering a limited number of scholarships for people with Parkinson's (PWP) and family care partners who would be unable to attend the conference without financial assistance.
The scholarships will be awarded with great discretion. Scholarship recipients are expected to pay associated expenses and submit receipts for reimbursement after the conference. Receipts must be received by July 31, 2017.
Deadline for applications extended to April 30, 2017.
- Applications due by April 30, 2017 (extended from the initial April 17, 2017 deadline)
- Recipients who have applied by April 11, 2017 will be notified by April 26, 2017; recipients who apply after April 11, 2017 will be notified by May 8, 2017
- Expenses must be received by July 31, 2017
- A person with PD (PWP) and/or family carepartner.
- Travel, accommodation and/or meals for recipients who live more than 200 km from Vancouver.
- Applicant's rationale for attending Moving Forward, Together.
- Applicants financial need.
- Plan for sharing information & experience of Moving Forward, Together.
- Interest in and involvement with PD community.
- Special consideration given to applicants living in communities with fewer resources for PWP & carepartners.
- Special consideration given to applicants who reside outside of the Lower Mainland.
Decisions of the selection committee shall be final.
- Maximum of $500 per person.
- Registration fee: 100%
- Travel: up to $300 (flights, ferry, gas). Includes travel, accommodations and/or meals for recipients who live more than 200km from Vancouver. Special consideration given to applicants who reside in remote communities, and/or who are required to travel by ferry or plane.
- Accommodation: up to $200
- Meals: up to $100