Parkinson Society BC is operating primarily remotely in response to covid-19. Learn more about coronavirus and how you can protect yourself and the community on this PSBC web page
Every person touched by Parkinson's deserves to know that they are not alone in their journey. We are here for you.
Our friendly and knowledgeable staff is committed to offering support, sharing reliable information and providing education for people with Parkinson's, caregivers and healthcare professionals.
Our support services include:
- One-on-one consultations – available by phone, email or in-person.
- Counselling – free, short-term, non-crisis counselling with one of our clinical counsellors
- Resources and community referrals – available online and in print.
- Support Groups – join our network of over 50 support groups across British Columbia.
- PDLink – a peer program connecting individuals with Parkinson's and caregivers on a one-to-one basis for support.
- Education events – providing support and learning opportunities for people with Parkinson's and their carepartners.
- Exercise programs – many of these classes have been designed at varying intensity levels with adaptations for differing physical abilities.
- Virtual physiotherapy – free sessions for those that meet certain criteria limiting access to Parkinson’s-specific care.
- Lending Library – a collection of resources available to members of the Society for borrowing.
- Education for health care professionals
- Toll-free information line – contact us at 1-800-668-3330 to connect with one of our support services team members.