In response to the global outbreak of COVID-19, Parkinson Society BC staff will be working remotely until further notice.
Information and referrals, consultations, and counselling sessions will be available by phone until further notice. All calls will be directed to voicemail, with staff checking their messages frequently. We will be answering all queries in order of priority. If you wish to contact our staff directly via email, individual contact information is available in our staff listings.
Online resources to support you during the outbreak are available here.
For the most up-to-date information, please visit this PSBC web page. If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
Every person touched by Parkinson's deserves to know that they are not alone in their journey. We are here for you.
Our friendly and knowledgeable staff is committed to offering support, sharing reliable information and providing education for people with Parkinson's, caregivers and healthcare professionals.
Our support services include:
- One-on-one consultations – available by phone, email or in-person.
- Counselling – free, short-term, confidential counselling with one of our clinical counsellors
- Resources and community referrals – available online and in print.
- Support Groups – join our network of over 50 support groups across British Columbia.
- PDLink – a peer program connecting individuals with Parkinson's and caregivers on a one-to-one basis for support.
- Education events – providing support and learning opportunities for people with Parkinson's and their carepartners.
- Exercise programs – many of these classes have been designed at varying intensity levels with adaptations for differing physical abilities.
- Lending Library – a collection of resources available to members of the Society for borrowing.
- Education for health care professionals
- Toll-free information line – contact us at 1-800-668-3330 to connect with one of our support services team members.