In response to the global outbreak of COVID-19, Parkinson Society BC has been taking proactive measures to manage the potential for transmission. As such, we have made the decision to close our office. Staff will be working remotely until further notice. We will continue to offer programs and services in alternate formats.
Online resources to support you during the outbreak are available here.
Information and referrals, consultations, and counselling sessions will be available by phone until further notice. If you have previously scheduled an appointment with any of our staff, we will contact you to arrange any necessary adjustments.
All calls will be directed to voicemail, with staff checking their messages frequently. We will be answering all queries in order of priority. Please note that calls may be returned from unfamiliar phone numbers during this time. If you wish to contact our staff directly via email, individual contact information is available in our staff listings.
Education events may be cancelled, or take place by teleconference or webinar. Registrants will be notified by email, and receive a refund for any applicable registration fees.
For the most up-to-date information, please visit this PSBC web page. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank you for your patience during this time.
Every person touched by Parkinson's deserves to know that they are not alone in their journey. We are here for you.
Our friendly and knowledgeable staff is committed to offering support, sharing reliable information and providing education for people with Parkinson's, caregivers and healthcare professionals.
Our support services include:
- One-on-one consultations – available by phone, email or in-person.
- Counselling – free, short-term, confidential counselling with one of our clinical counsellors
- Resources and community referrals – available online and in print.
- Support Groups – join our network of over 50 support groups across British Columbia.
- PDLink – a peer program connecting individuals with Parkinson's and caregivers on a one-to-one basis for support.
- Education events – providing support and learning opportunities for people with Parkinson's and their carepartners.
- Exercise programs
- Lending Library – a collection of resources available to members of the Society for borrowing.
- Education for health care professionals
- Toll-free information line – contact us at 1-800-668-3330 to connect with one of our support services team members.