Upcoming Champions for Parkinson's Events
Donate a Car Canada accepts Vehicle Donations for Parkinson Society British Columbia (PSBC)! Free towing is provided in most areas across Canada, or you can drop off your vehicle to maximize your donation. When you donate your car, truck, RV, boat, or motorcycle to PSBC through Donate A Car Canada, it will either be recycled or sold at auction (depending on its condition, age and location). Donate a Car Canada will look after all the details to make it easy for PSBC to benefit. After your vehicle donation is complete, PSBC will send you a tax receipt and will put your gift to good use.
Please click here to donate a vehicle.
Embark on an immersive journey into the captivating world of skiing at the Doug Le Page exclusive exhibition, curated by photojournalist Nicholas Lampard. Showcasing Doug Le Page's iconic ski photographs, this event at the Nelson Museum Archives & Gallery spans four decades, with Lampard's meticulous reproduction bringing these originals to life.
Join Doug & Nicholas for a memorable celebration of art, athleticism, and compassion. Don't miss the silent auction at Whitewater Ski Resort on February 24th, and the exhibit viewing at the Nelson Museum and Gallery on February 25th.
|Silent Auction Date:
Saturday, February 24, 2024
|Silent Auction Time:
10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
|Silent Auction Location:
Whitewater Ski Resort (6010 Whitewater Ski Hill Rd #4784, Nelson, BC V1L 5R3) [map]
Sunday, February 25, 2024
|6:00 PM - 8:00 PM
Nelson Museum and Gallery (502 Vernon St, Nelson, BC V1L 4E7) [map]
To fundraise online, please visit the Doug Le Page Exhibit Website.
Do you want to help fund research, grow support networks and improve quality of life for those living with Parkinson's? Become a Champion for Parkinson's and plan your own independent community fundraising event!
From bake sales, birthday parties and beer tastings, to tennis tournaments and car shows, no event is too big or too small. Take the lead, get creative, build awareness, raise funds and don’t forget to have fun!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
PSBC encourages you to pick events that excite you, as well as events you feel you can manage efficiently. Some fun ideas are:
- Dinner parties, breakfasts, BBQs, holiday celebrations
- Wine or beer tastings, pub nights
- Sporting events – golf, bowling, hockey, tennis, etc.
- Car washes, bake sales, garage sales
- Special day celebrations – anniversaries, birthdays, weddings, etc.
- Fashion shows, concerts, theatrical events
- Casual Friday (or any other day of the week!)
- Fitness challenges – yoga, Zumba, cycling, etc.
Parkinson Society BC is happy to provide support to ensure your event is a success in the following ways:
- One-on-one support via phone or email
- An event kit including balloons, banners, donation box, donation envelopes and informational pamphlets
- PSBC logo for use with approved event materials
- Listings on our online event calendar and social media channels
- A letter of acknowledgment (for soliciting sponsors and prize donations, as well as gaming/alcohol license applications) for approved events
- A personalized fundraising page for your event, where your donors can safely donate online using their credit cards
- Tax receipts for eligible gifts as per Canada Revenue Agency guidelines
- A photo of yourself and PSBC staff featuring our big cheque with your funds raised on it!
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide/guarantee the provision of the following:
- Media support (television, radio, newspaper and/or press releases) due to limitations on staff time
- Access to our donor, Board of Directors or staff lists for the purposes of email due to privacy issues and conflicts with our existing communications scheduling
- Assistance with securing sponsorships
- Insurance coverage for your event
Donations of $20 or more will be tax receipted unless otherwise indicated by the donor. Please contact PSBC to receive electronic donation forms you may print and have your donors fill out to ensure they are appropriately receipted.
Please note, services and gift certificates are not eligible for receipts. All items valued over $500 must attach proof of value (ie. receipt, brochure, or catalogue). Donations collected by the event organizer that are donated by the public cannot be tax receipted in the name of the event organizer.
Tax receipts will be issued for the maximum allowable amount under Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) Guidelines. All tax receipting must be approved by PSBC prior to acceptance of the gift. Please visit the CRA website for more details regarding charitable tax receipts.
Yes, the PSBC logo may be used on promotional materials for your event. All we ask is that you provide us with the opportunity to review its placement prior to distribution to ensure brand standards are maintained.
PSBC will not reimburse you for expenses; all financial control is the responsibility of the event organizer. We ask that you plan and budget carefully for your event, as expenses should not exceed 50% of the total event revenue. Local business support through in-kind donations or sponsorships may help to alleviate costs.
Unfortunately, due to constraints on staff time, PSBC is unable to provide event organizers media support. However, if you are comfortable and you would find it to be valuable, we recommend you reach out to newspapers and TV/radio stations in your local community to see if they would like to feature your event and story! Story pitches to the media are often more successful coming from the individual running the event.
Please inform PSBC of any intention to host a raffle or serve alcohol at your event for approval. The organizer is responsible for obtaining the necessary permits, licenses and event insurance. Please check with your municipality regarding permits.
A license is required for lotteries and gaming activities such as bingos, 50/50 draws, raffles, etc. For further information and application forms, please visit the BC Gaming Policy and Enforcement Branch online.
Licenses are also required with the sale of alcohol. Check with Liquor Control and Licensing Branch in your city.
Please contact our Special Events and Fundraising Officer, Domenica at email@example.com. She will be in touch with you shortly to discuss your event plans!
604-662-3240 | 1-800-668-3330