Looking for a little bit of inspiration? The following stories highlight just a few of the many dedicated individuals demonstrating courage and strength for the Parkinson's community of British Columbia. Their efforts to improve the lives of themselves and those around them are admirable.
- Forever Inked Tattoos is a small shop with a big heart. [more]
- Michael Cheung (Tea Parky) is the son of a Person with Parkinson's (PwP) who has combined his business savvy with desire to help. [more]
- Jolyon Hallows is a former carepartner whose wife, Sandra, lived with Parkinson's disease. [more]
- Garry Toop is a Kelowna resident with Parkinson's who has undergone successful Deep Brain Stimulation and who advocates for expansion of the program across BC. [more]
- Roy and Richel Amador are father and daughter. They both participated in Parkinson SuperWalk for the first time in 2017. [more]
- Henny and Edie Bijdemast are mother and daughter. They have both experienced mental health challenges following Henny's Parkinson's diagnosis. [more]
- Lois Leslie and Marg de Grace are two lifelong friends. Marg's journey with Parkinson's inspired Lois and her husband Paul to embark on an cycling tour from Lisbon to Auckland. [more]
- Carolyn Krahn, volunteer co-facilitator for a Parkinson's support group and Person with Parkinson's. [more]
- Stefano Cataldi, UBC Researcher and PhD student. [more]
- Megan Walker Straight, Professor, Professional Dancer, and Dance4PD Instructor. [more]
- Carsten Nachtigal, Step by Step participant and Person with Parkinson's (PwP). [more]
- Chelsea Rae-Arthur, Flight Attendant and top Parkinson SuperWalk fundraiser. [more]
- Megan Keene, Sharon Tomczyk, Hugh Yardley, SongShine instructors. [more]
Looking for more stories written by members of the Parkinson's community? Visit Contributors' corner here.
Interested in being featured in an upcoming publication, or do you know someone who brings hope to the Parkinson's community? Please contact Amanda McCulley, Marketing & Community Engagement Specialist at firstname.lastname@example.org