Step by Step is a 12-week walking program aimed at incrementally improving the number of average daily steps an individual takes. The first week will determine each walker’s baseline, and then each week they will be encouraged to increase their steps based on a personal goal. While participants are encouraged to walk and track their own steps, a community group leader will organize a weekly walk allowing walkers to meet, socialize and help support one another.
The goal of this program is to help motivate people to become physically fit to combat the symptoms of Parkinson’s disease. We hope to encourage people to continue a regular exercise routine following the program.
Start Date: April 2017, please see below for more details.
- Brentwood Bay - Launched Saturday, April 8, 2017
- Courtenay/Comox - Launching Wednesday, April 12, 2017
- Fernie - TBD
- Kamloops - Launched Tuesday, April 4, 2017
- Maple Ridge/Pitt Meadows - Launching Tuesday, April 18, 2017
- New Westminster - Launched Friday, April 7, 2017
- Penticton - Launching Tuesday, April 11, 2017
- Prince George - Launching Tuesday, April 11, 2017
- Richmond - Launched Saturday, April 22, 2017
- Vancouver - Launched Monday, April 10, 2017
Download the Step by Step booklet.
Step by Step is a program organized by Parkinson Society British Columbia (PSBC) and adapted with permission from the American Parkinson Disease Association, Wisconsin Chapter. It is made possible by the generous contributions of our donors.
For more information on the Step by Step program through Parkinson Society British Columbia, please contact:
Education & Support Services Coordinator